Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Trip To Yankee Stadium South


Thanks to Paul Katcher and Bald Fuck Ediie for the great pictures.

"We've been overrun by New Yorkers this weekend!"

That's what the hotel clerk said to me as I was checking in Saturday. Coming down to Baltimore for the Yanks/O's game, I expected to see a few Navy hats with interlocking NY. But I didn't expect them to take over the Eastern Seaboard! We scared the wedding party at our hotel and just caused a shitload of mayhem across the street at the bars near the park. Heaven on earth.


O's fans should be ashamed of themselves for letting the Empire take over their park. It must have been two thirds Yankee fans in Oriole Park Saturday or it seemed like it. I felt like I was at home. We had the annoying pink Yankee hats and idiot tourists(who always want to start the wave. We started chanting "Johnny Cakes" at him and his buddies) who came along for the ride.

Thankfully, they weren't a part of the group I organized. They were what made my trip this year the most enjoyable I've ever had to Baltimore (That and the Yankee win). Even the infidels that came along (Bald Eddie and several others) were respectful and got along with everyone. Thanks to the Friday Night Crew, The Imperial Vixens, the Blondies folks and everyone else...not even a case of diarrhea could ruin the fun I had. Between the Movin' Out sing-a-long during a Orioles pitching change (you had to be there)and the look on TV friends' face when they heard the Friday Night Crew jump up and down to a very-ahem-talented Yankees fan, you couldn't have had a better group.

No A-Rod, No Giambi? No problem. Despite the nagging injuries and maladies, the Yankees continue to win series. Who cares if we're half-game up or back in June? The bottom line is if we keep winning series and putting pressure on Boston and Toronto, everything will take care of itself. They keep expecting us to fold, but we keep coming at them at waves. A plus will be when we get Chacon back in the rotation. Small's 15 minutes were done five hours ago. Once that happens, I think things will fall into place. And when Sheff gets back in a month or so. Watch out. In the meantime, I love watching the kids play.

Had no problem with Wang coming in to close the game out. It was his throw day so let him work an inning. He'll keep the ball on the ground and hopefully in the park. Smart move by Torre.

More later when I get to St Louis.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Metstradamus said...

"Thanks to the Friday Night Crew, The Imperial Vixens, the Blondies folks and everyone else...not even a case of diarrhea could ruin the fun I had."

What did you do...host Saturday Night Live?

6:30 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

I'm so glad you didn't go. I had no shovels to bury your body....

11:15 AM  
Blogger Metstradamus said...

Oh I'll behave from now on, Buck Henry.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home