Thursday, May 04, 2006

A-Rod Wright On Track

Sorry....but with a name like Wright, there are a million cheesy ways that I can go...and I plan on exploring every one of them.

Is this the spark that gets Wright and Rodriguez going? I have no idea. But it was nice to see that they could both still rise to the occasion.

I'm still trying to figure out how you give up a two-out two run homer to the ninth place hitter on the Devil Rays. But hey, I'll take what I can get for now. Wright has pitched reasonably well in last two appearance. Justifying Torre's mystifying insistence on pushing back the starts of one of last year's saviors (Chacon) in favor of Jaret.

In the long run, getting Wright right only strengthens the staff as a whole. With Pavano and Dotel scheduled to join us in the next month and a half, it means that the bullpen and starting corps will be a little crowded. But we'll have more depth there than we've had in a long time.

So as much as I like Chacon and still have doubts about Wright, I'm going to hold my tongue and trust St. Joe. Anything that gets us back in the playoffs and the World Series, is cool with me.

As for A-Rod, for me to write that "he needed this" would be like saying Moussaoui has a minor image problem. Both would be huge understatements.

All these poll that say that A-Rod is overrated and that he hits most of his homers when the game is out of reach is silly. A-Rod has been on playoff teams and has hit plenty of game-winning hits for every team he's played for. So the idea that he's never come through in the clutch is silly. But after the last two playoff series, he's gonna hear all the choke artist references the infidels can come up with. Even members of the empire are getting impatient.

Is this the start something...no clue...but since I have writer's block, I'm going to stop now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home