Sunday, April 23, 2006

Giam-bombs Powers The Death Star

Do you know when you need to get off the couch and take your ass to bed? When you doze off watching Elizabeth I mini-series and you wake up watching two hours later to Hoookers On The Point blaring. That's a compare and contrast that I really don't need at four in the morning.
Another note to the vixens: Randy Johnson pitches an eight inning gem...and what am I thinking about? What's the best fantasy scenario for me since I have both Unit and Tejada on my teams? Consider this my cry for help!!!

Turned out perfectly for me from a fantasy & reality point of view. Tejada goes for 4-4 with a homer. Johnson goes eight allowing one run as the Yanks win 7-1.

But the best news of the day...Posada and Johnson were on the same page. Communicating in the dugout in a way that you need your Ace and number one catcher talking during a game.

I was ready to write a post about how Jorge is not my idea of a number one catcher. That his game-calling skills are questionable. But I'm going to hold off after what I saw today. Posada says that he's been working hard on his defensive and game-calling prowess. And that he's made catching Johnson regularly a priority which keeps his bat in the lineup. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He deserves that much.

What I'm really excited about is what I'm seeing from Giambi. We've never had a full season of Giambi-Sheff-Alex-Matsui. We got some glimpses last year of the potential power of this lineup. His OBP is over .500 and 0PS is over 1.200. There's no reason to think that he can't maintain comparable numbers all year. That lineup provides maximum protection for each other. There's just no give.

Also loving what I'm seeing from Cano. He's a touch more patient this year at the plate and absolutely crushes balls in the zone. He's also playing a steadier second base.

I smell a win streak on the horizon....

2 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Me, too!!!!! Totally feelin' a streak and totally agreein' with your Giambi and Cano analysis, too! Altho I've always been a Posada fan (despite his obvious drawbacks...) but I like the Posada/Unit connection and am excited to see that. In our future Yankee catcher, I'd like to see a one-in-a-million kind of baseball genius with an excellent arm to 2nd and phenomenal play-calling, but for now I'll take a Posada that can be in the lineup when Randy's on the mound.

Great posts lately, THANKS!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

I agree wholeheartedly with your last comment about Unit/Posada. The lineup is at its best when Jorgie's in it.

Thanks for your kind words about the posts. Hopefully, I can keep it up

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home