Saturday, April 22, 2006

Black Sabbath....Saturday...In The House

And every day is like April 22nd. Crummy.

This weather sucks.

Chaka Chacon saved the Yankees bacon in a game that shouldn't have been played.

It's tough to watch a game and write a blog post. I'm trying to write my last post about last night while watching today's game. That's what happens when you don't get home until almost five in the morning.

I didn't want to listen to Michael Kay so I had the TV on mute and decided to play some music. I'm kicking myself because Kitty was doing the game along with Kay and Singleton. He's the only reason to listen to the Yankees on TV.

The final pitch count had Chacon at 111, but it seemed like he threw 211. Every count seemed to be a full one. Way to battle, Shawn. But the drama is unnecessary.

Nice to see Matsui get the big hit to put Baltimore away. I think this is just what he needed to get things going.

The effort offensively was uneven, but you're starting to see a trend in these games for the Yanks at the plate. Even if the Yanks aren't scoring, they're making pitchers work and throw more than they'd like. You knew that Cabrera wasn't going to last. He was at 100 plus pitches by the fifth inning.

I liken it to a fighter with a great chin and endurance. The opponent expends so much energy trying to finish them off that they end up on the canvas from exhaustion. If you're going to beat them, you have to get a big lead early, make them expend a lot of energy in trying to come back and then wipe them out at the end once they've expended all their energy trying to come back.

If you don't have a solid bullpen like Anaheim, Minnesota or Oakland, you better hope your staters go deep into the game. Because if they get to the middle relief, no lead is out of reach.

I was bored and I'm a loser. So when a friend of mine sent this to me via email. I said why not. Some of you will fill it out and some of you will be pissed of that I did this. Good times all around.





Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. Telephone Technician
2. Bouncer
3. Gas Tank Painter
4. Writer for Travel Periodical

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. GoodFellas
2. Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back and Revenge Of The Sith
3. Unforgiven
4. Boogie Nights

Four places you have lived:
1. New York City
2. Durham, NC
3. Cheyney, PA
4. Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. West Wing
2. Oz
3. All In The Family
4. Star Trek NG or DS9

Four places you have been
1. Jamaica, West Indies
2. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
3. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4. Los Angeles, CA

Websites visited daily
1. Yahoo!
2. Sporting News
3. ESPN
4. The Boston Globe

Four of my favorite foods:
1. A Good Rib-Eye Steak
2. A nice cut of Prime Rib
3. Lasagna
4. Chicken Parm

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Between a couple of 34 D's
2. With Friends anywhere
3. Wrigley Field
4. British Virgin Islands

Four Friends that have been tagged that I think will respond
1. no one
2. no one
3. no one
4. no one
I wasn't tagged, I'm just bored so here it goes... Copy and
paste this onto a new email, delete my answers, replace with your own
and send it back to me and on to other friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home