Friday, April 14, 2006

Heart Attack Anyone?

Let's see...Johnson's cruising through his start versus the Royals for the first four innings. Stumbles a bit in the fifth and gives up a run. Not a probelm, he's still up 4-1, so we expect him out there for the sixth.

We get Scott Proctor instead, who surprisingly enough, performs well for an inning and a third.

But what the hell happened to Unit? We get nothing from Public Announcement guys or the scoreboard. I'm sitting in Tier 10, Section X, asking the guys with portables...they have no clue because the brass haven't gotten the word to the radio folks. It becomes hard to concentrate on the game because I'm thinking the worst case scenario.


The Yankees get some insurance runs in the eighth as Giambi and Damon homer(His first in pinstripes). And the bullpen performs well except for Villone giving up a run in the ninth and Sturtze giving up a bomb to Tony Graffanino in the eighth.(Sturtze better watch his back....if Dotel is back 100 %...it could be buh-bye, Tanyon)

But only thing on my mind was whether the Unit was OK. I couldn't completely enjoy the win because I was worried about our ace.

Get home later that night, I go to the Times Sports site and I see an article that says that Unit was feeling a little stiff in the fifth so Joe took him out as a precaution.

A Precaution.

A FRIGGIN PRECAUTION!!!!

They couldn't have said something to ease the fans concerns? They do know that there were people actually watching the game? People who might have noticed that Johnson didn't come out for the sixth inning of a 4-1 game? How about some consideration for the fans?

And enough of this Posada-Unit drama. I'm tired of the babying that Randy gets. I know Torre did the same with Cone and Pettitte with Girardi, but that was different. Jorge was only a couple of years in the league then. Whatever going on in that lockerroom, they need to get over themselves and find a way to get them on the same page. Our team is at it's best when Posada is behind the plate.

Ok, I'm done venting....more later...

3 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mommy said...

I freaked out, too. Was home watching on satellite and started doing google searches and looking on Yes and ESPN and any other website I thought might have the answer. Geesh. Why do they toy with us like this?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

It's wrong...just plain wrong I tell you!!!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Okay, and since you brought it up, ...

I'VE ALWAYS HATED THIS WHOLE RANDY JOHNSON BEING A BABY THING! I THINK HE'S BEEN A BABY HIS WHOLE CAREER AND WHILE I'M GLAD WE HAVE HIS ARM, I personally feel that the Yankees can sure do without his tantrums.

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest. :-)

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home