Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Before We Start Acting Like Red Sox Fans...

and start committing mass suicide by jumping into the East River...may I remind you all that this was only game 2?

Joe Torre drives me nuts as well when he puts guys that have no business being in a close game. But he's going to do that for the first part of the season to get a feel for what he has in the pen. His track record is clear on this point. It means that a couple of games early on that were winnable are either going to be lost or closer than they need to be because Torre plays Dr. Strangelove with the bullpen.

I'm scratching my head over why he keeps giving Proctor chances in close games. He's shown that no lead or tie is safe while he's on the mound. He has electric stuff and he probably would be better served as a spot starter or long reliever though.

I'm still pleased about their approach at the plate for the most part. Harden threw over 100 pitches in 5 plus innings. They keep making these guys work on the mound, they'll light up more than their fair share of hurlers.

So while I love the fact that you're all into it so early, let's relax and take a deep breath. I made a mistake last year by getting all worked up after Mo Rivera lost that third game against the Sox in the opening series and I won't make it again.

Sorry for the delay in the post. I was in the hospital because my eyes were bleeding. I made the mistake of watching "Fever Pitch" on cable for a little while before the game last night and the baseball gods decided to punish me for my insolence.

Watching the game right now. Love Sheff's three run shot and Giambi starting a 3-6-3 DP. Not loving DJ's error or Wang's walking Milton Bradley with the bases loaded to tie the game at 4. But I'm not going to overreact. I'm not....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home