Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rock And Roll Sham

I wrote a blog about the recent Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame inductions last week talking about how Blondie's induction was a tad premature considering the number of equally deserving acts that have yet to be nominated.

I named about 20 off the top of my head, knowing that I missed a few. Here are some more.

1)Harold Melvin & Blue Notes
2)Teddy Pendergrass (as a solo artist)
3)Chaka Khan & Rufus (or Chaka as a solo performer)
4)Kenny Gamble, Leon Huff & Thom Bell (Architects of the Philly Soul Sound)
5)Carly Simon
6)The Neville Brothers
7)The Stylistics
8)Kool & The Gang (before they went pop...a very influential funk band)
9)The Commodores
10)The Ohio Players
11)Frankie Beverly & Maze
12)Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson
13)Peter Frampton
14)Cheap Trick
19)Van Halen
20)Leon Russell

Another 20 off the top of my head. I'm not trying to show off. Really I'm not. I like Blondie. I really do. But this is ridiculous. I'm getting angrier just writing this. I'm going to stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home