Monday, February 27, 2006

A Winter Olympics That I Could Actually Watch....

"Count me among those who don't care about them and won't watch them. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world's greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention."
-- Bryant Gumbel on HBO's "Real Sports"


While I definitely don't agree with Bryant's sentiment about the Winter games. I have to say that at best I'm indifferent about the games in general. At worst, I could give a rat's ass if they cancelled them forever tomorrow.


(An aside on Gumbel: While I don't care for him personally from what I know of him, I do have a tremendous amount of respect for his work over the years. Which leads me to ask this question: where was all this militant outrage about the Winter Games when he was broadcasting for the Networks years ago? Strange how some folks get real H. Rapp all of a sudden when the man isn't paying their checks.)


However if they were able to pull the games from this locale. I would be on the first Star Destroyer available.

A grassroots effort has begun to get the 2014 games on the planet of Hoth. That right. The place where the Empire struck back at the bitch-ass rebellion and had them scampering like little rats. The place where the original Brokeback Cowboy, Luke Skywalker almost met his end until lover Han Solo saved him from a rather frigid demise.

The group who are spearheading the
Hoth in 2014
effort have asked me to spread the word about getting games at the site where the Empire had one of its greatest victories.


Those who resist, well, we know what's in your future...don't we, Lord Vader?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home