Saturday, February 18, 2006

Why???????

I would love to have one off-season where I didn't have to deal dumb stuff like this...And if you don't know why I'm upset, go read another blog. I don't have time for you.



I can't think of a player of his stature in any sport who is this much of a major league tool.

Space cadets like Manny? I can deal with. Curmudgeons and hardasses like Barry Bonds, Sheff, Eddie Murray, Bill Russell and Kareem? No problem. At least you know what you're getting. But a complete tool? That's the worst. Anyone who has a tool as a friend knows how difficult they can be at times. The saying the absolute wrong thing to the wrong person time moments. The goofy trying to be funny but looking like a complete goober moments like the one above. The trying to be all things to all people but instead have everyone hating you moments like the WBC/Ozzie Guillen flap from ealier this week.

Ozzie may be a loudmouth, but he's honest. All he said was what me and probably what a lot of you was thinking about his flip-flopping on what team he should play on. He lobbies to made a part of the Latino Legends team when it seems like the cool thing to be part of, but flip-flops when it's time to pick a team for the WBC. I don't know what guides his morale compass, but he really needs to get it fine tuned.

I want to like the guy. I really do. But he makes it impossible when he's such a tool. I'm so disgusted by that picture that I just threw up in my mouth. ugh....

One good thing came out of the day. Metstradamus wants me dead after my "Tag you're it" posts from earlier in the day. He hates that girly shit....

4 Comments:

Blogger Metstradamus said...

I always want you dead.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I see A-Rod as no more a tool than any other player who shoots his mouth off about things. He's at the people pleaser end of the spectrum, while guys like a Schilling or an Ozzie just don't give a shit and say what they want -- even if it's a bit boneheaded at times. Most players fall somewhere in the middle, thankfully. But hey, if A-Rod's a tool, I'm glad he's in my shed.

Also, I find it interesting that Ozzie apologized. Which makes me think 1) He really did think himself an ass for what he said because he knows he went overboard or 2)He's a big old hypocrite himself -- because my theory is that he apologized simply because he's managing the AL All Star team this year and didn't want any bad blood with A-Rod. So the normally opinionated guy stifles himself so he won't have to hear it from the media or the dude he offended. What a guy.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

Metstradamus,

I will see you and everyone you love dead...know this and make your peace with your maker. Our war ends when all wars end.

Karen,

Don't get it twisted...I have my issues with Ozzie. I think he's as bad as that loudmouth Schilling was at the Steroids hearing. Curt mouths off for years about the problems of juice, and then hides in his shell when he's called on it for the entire world to see. I think Guillen was pathetic for wussing out in the way that he did. If you're gonna throw someone under a bus, do it and back the bastard up to make sure they're dead. Don't apologize halfway.

But it still doesn't change the kernels of truth in what he said. A-Rod is as bad as any of these politicians who make decisions by opinion polls instead of what they feel is right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him on our team. He's an all-time great. But A-Rod is this generation's version of Steve Garvey or Gary Carter. Great players that other players respected for their play on the field, but despised personally because of their playing up to the media and popularity polls.

In case you were wondering how much I hate Duke...that's how much.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

LOL...thanks Wade Blogs....I'd actually watch those games!!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home