Saturday, February 18, 2006

I've Been Tagged....

I'm in Steven Wright mode this offseason so it's taken while for me to respond to these little ditties from Karen and Erica. So I guess I have to respond, huh?

The Instructions: Name five of life's simple pleasures that you like, then tag five people to do the same. Try to be original and creative.

Addendum: Five things not involving large amounts of alcohol and a 5'9'' 25 year old woman with a Cola-bottle body and legs made by Olympus.

1) Reading in the park with my MP3 headphones just people watching. Don't get to do this nearly as much I'd like. I plan to rectify this in 2006.

2) Going to a new ballpark and talking baseball with complete strangers.

3) Seeing live music in the city. Big venue, small venue....no matter the genre...seeing a good band do their thing live kicks ass.

4) Making Infidel Baseball Fans Cry. An annual rite of passage for every member of the Empire.

5) Football Tailgating. Even if the game sucks, you have something to look forward to.


1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Didn't home from New Year's partying until 7am and missed a football game that I had tickets for.


2. Did you keep your New year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions. I'm very comfortable with my flaws.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, I think so....I can't remember right now.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
Does Atlanta count?

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More meaningless sex and a Yankees World Series title.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None. The whole year was a alcohol-induced blur.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not getting fired.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not killing Metstradamus when I had the chance.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing not alcohol-induced.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Dell DJ MP3 player. Until I broke it!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Huh?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Infidels who haven't crossed over the dark side.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent and Blondies.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
This is a family site.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
"Help Yourself" by Tom Jones....because that's exactly what I did. And "Bitch, Please." because that's probably what I told you if you didn't like it...

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Let me get back to you on that one....

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More time in the gym. Saved more loot.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home.

21. How did I spend New year's?
No comment.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
I fell out.

23. How many one-night stands?
Several.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Six Feet Under and Smallville

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes.

26. What was the best book you read?
Ladies & Gentlemen, The Bronx is Burning!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jamie Cullum.

28. What did you want and get?
No comment.

29. What was your favorite CD of this year?
Too many to mention. Loving Napster right now though...

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Sin City, Syriana, Revenge OF The Sith and Good Night and Good Luck.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
33 and went to dinner with my soon-to-be ex.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More money. More sex.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Mitchell & Ness.

34. What kept you sane?
To quote another Sith Lord..."It's too late for me, my son"

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
George Clooney is cultivating a helluva a career for himself.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Katrina....Nuff Said.

37. Whom do you miss?
Chris Houston. The Redskins suck...but you will be missed.

38. Who was the best new person that you met?
The Imperial Vixens.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
See number 40.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I never sleep...'cause sleep is the cousin of death." And "Don't talk about it, be about it."

2 Comments:

Blogger EAB said...

Fun reads, Darth Marc. But, no, contrary to popular belief, Atlanta doesn't count as a foreign country! ;-)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

It doesn't? Damn....

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home