Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Grabbing Victory From The Depths Of Hell

If Hell is anything like last night at the Stadium...then I need to clean my act up.

It was actually hotter in DC when I was there for a Saturday Nats-Yanks game in June. But this was brutal. You know it's bad when it's dark and you still feel like Ike Turner's punishing you for singing the wrong note.

Note to Joe Torre: please try to avoid Jaret Wright's turn during heatwaves. He was at 50 pitches in the second inning and I thought I was the Wicked Witch Of West after getting a Poland Spring cooler dumped on her. 100 plus pitches in five innings was unbearable.

But a win's a win, especially if it puts us back in first place. Combine that with Captain Infidel's trip to the DL and it's warm and fuzzy feelings in the empire right now.

More later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Metstradamus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home