Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mr Wright Now

Jaret Wright vs Jae Seo pitch a 1-0 game. If you knew how weird it is to write this.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. Wright was amazing last night. If he can only manage to extend his outings another inning or two. I had a feeling he would bounce back from that awful start against Mutts last Sunday. Say what you want about him. You have to admit that the man's a fighter. He has as bad a start as you can have against the Mets and he rebounds against a pretty good hitting team in Tampa. He has had as bad a stretch of luck as anyone I can think of. Yet he keeps grinding. It's a shame the White Sox spit the bit against Boston last night.

It makes you wonder what Chacon did to get in Torre and Cashman's doghouse. Not only is he out of the rotation for the time being, but he could be designated for assignment. I understand that he might be upset about the way he's been used and frustrated with the leg injury that's set him back. But does he realize how lucky he is right now? Would he rather be back in Colorado or another spot in baseball hell?

Common sense is just not common, I guess.

It's Wang vs Kazmir tonight. And I'm gonna miss it because I'll be in Coney Island for a Cyclones game. I know, I know. I'm an idiot. But hey, it's minor league baseball.

I don't know about you, but I giggled my ass off watching Dontrelle Willis hit a grand salami off of Lima Time! last night. That little strut around the bases was priceless.

It's make you wonder what MLB is thinking when they more marketing, scouting and recruiting in Latin America than in the black community. There are only three African American starting pitchers in the majors right now. Shameful.

More later....maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home