Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tuesday Night At The Death Star



I'm often asked why I don't work in sports. You need only read this back cover of the Daily News to see why. It would one thing, if the back page was an accurate portrayal of what Johnson had said. But read the article and tell me if it is or not.

This is why you can only take what you read in the tabloids with a grain of salt. As if the Red Sox series needs anymore drama. There's enough to write about in this rivalry without having to manufacture news.

I love how both teams try play this down but they have their top starters going in the series. Coincidence? I doubt it.

It's Beckett versus Johnson tonight. Both have pitched horribly recently that I expect to step up tonight. I doubt we're going to see a 10-7, 12-1 game tonight.It's amazing how evenly matched these teams are. I like the length of the Yankees rotation and bullpen. But when they're on, Schilling and Beckett might be the best one-two combination in the league. They can put your lights out quick. I wouldn't want to face them in a short series.

I have no idea how all this plays out. The Sox beat up on O's who have been awful lately, but before that, lost series to Tampa, Toronto and Cleveland. They beat the Yankees 7-3 in the first game of that two game series, but the second game was rained out. The Yankees have won eight of their last 10 games, but still, it's impossible to know who has the advantage in this series.

I think top to bottom, the Yankees are slightly better even with the crybaby Sheffield out of the lineup. And they've been playing a little better than Boston. But it's impossible to handicap this series.

Obviously I want to crush the infidels just on GP. But it would be great to beat them without Sheff just to prove a point to that jackass. Most infidels fear Sheff more than A-Rod or anyone else. Beat them without Gary, you send a message to Boston and Sheff. I bet Gary's wrist heals up real quick then....

2 Comments:

Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Poor Randy. I don't know what's going on with him, but I'm anxious for it to be over.

BTW, why did the Yankee fielding last night remind me of watching Keystone Cops movies?

I WAS jealous of you for going, but now I'm glad I was in the anonymous protection of my own home, where I did not answer the phone for hours because of my crazy Mariner-Red-Sox-Cubs-Orioles fan friends. (Who left rather torrid messages.) :-)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Uncle Buck said...

"I doubt we're going to see a 10-7, 12-1 game tonight." - Dork Marc

Final Score: Red Sox 14, Yankoffs 3

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home