Monday, September 26, 2005

Divided Loyalties, Haters Among Us

I have come to the conclusion that it is virtually impossible for me to enjoy other sporting events while immersed in a pennant race. Over the years, I've tried to divide my sporting attention to other events on the calendar like my second passion, football. Hell, I went to the Jets-Jags game yesterday, hoping I could take in my second live game this week at Giants Stadium. What am I doing at the game? I'm peaking at the out-of-town scroreboard to see what the Yankees were doing. Cringing each time I saw us losing. Pumping my fist when the boys went ahead for good.

But it made me realize that it was foolish of me to think that I could actually be of any use as a football fan while the Yankees were involved in their first real pennant race in years. And that I was doing myself and the empire a disservice by trying to divide my loyalties. I humbly ask for the forgiveness of the Imperial Council and Yankee fans everywhere.



However, my apology wasn't enough to prevent the Emperor from making this statement today:

September is probably the most trying month for a sports fan. With the beginning of college and pro football and the end of the baseball regularseason, members of the Empire can find their attentions divided between Yankee baseball and whatever football teams they follow. In the past, when we've had the division wrapped up early, we could afford to divert our attention from a game or two on the Sunday. Now with the infidel forces threatening to destroy our way of life, we as members of the Empire have a sacred responsibility to focus on our attention and energies on this pennant race. Nothing else can take precedent over the upcoming life and death battle with the Rebel Scum from Infidel Nation. The fate of the Empire could be in your hands.


I thought that this Jeter threat story was hilarious.

Now let me get this straight. There's someone out there in this day and age who's mad that a bachelor making millions of dollars a year, is dating the hottest women in the city? All on the basis that he's betraying his race?

Well riddle me this dumbass, Jeter is bi-racial. Which race has Jeter betrayed exactly?

You know it had to be a jackass from Infidel Nation who wrote this....

2 Comments:

Blogger something said...

Gawd - yankees fans are dorks.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

Big talk from the man who's happy to be tied after having a five game lead earlier this month.



And Joe, if that's what your name is, You're writing on my blog that Yankees fans are geeks...yet noone knows who you are!!! We might be geeks, but at least we're not nobodies.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home