Saturday, July 16, 2005

Holding The Fort



I hate this picture but it's best one I could find right now. I'm going to go ahead and say it; Sheff, A-Rod and Matsui are the best 3-4-5 tandem in the majors right now. It's the only thing keeping us afloat with our awful pitching right now.


We held serve and won today, 7-4. Big Unit wasn't great but he gave us a serviceable 6 plus and struck out 10. Gordon and Rivera took care of the rest. We found out today, why Big Papi doesn't play the field every day when he committed an atrocious error that enabled A-Rod to score on a Matsui grounder to first that Ortiz booted. Embree didn't help matters when he balked Alex to second. That sets up Sunday's finale which pits Wakefield vs Al Leiter.




I'm not conceding anything by saying this; but if we come out of Fenway with just a split and not lose any ground to the Sux, than that's a win. I'm cool with that for now. As bad as our pitching has been, I can't expect anything but for us to hold serve over the next two weeks. We're going to have to win a lot of 8-7, 10-8 games if we want to gain ground with our awful pitching and since baseball's not a game where you can do that consistently, I'm happy just to stay on even ground over the next two weeks. If Al can give us a spark, I'm happy to have him.

Tim McCarver and Joe Buck have to be the most annoying on-air team in baseball. I like Tim, but I have no use for Buck. He and Michael Kay love the sound of their voice so much that they get in the way of the game. They should watch tapes of Jon Miller, Vin Scully and Joe's dad Jack and get a clue. Hey jackasses, we're not watching to listen to you, we're here to watch the game!! Stop sucking the oxygen out of the room and let the action breath for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home