Thursday, July 14, 2005

Mid-Season Grades and Rants.

If anyone of you care here are what the two biggest dickhead columnists in Boston and NYC writing about the upcoming series, Dan Shaughnessy and Mike Lupica. What jackasses.

Have no problem with the Daily News Mid-Season Grades for the Yankees. Pretty much on point. Gotta wonder how long Wang's shoulder's been bothering him though. I'm still sick to my stomach thinking about it. If we get through this road trip 6-5, I'll be ecstatic. I might have to order an Imperial Death Squad for Pavano and Brown if they don't straighten themselves out quick. We've finally dragged ourselves back into contention and if those two bozos tank, I'll give the hit order without question.

A-Rod needs to chill with all this "I want to play on the Dominican team for the world games" bullshit. I don't care where your parents are from. You were born and raised here. You make your living here. You're a fucking American. Play with the US or not at all. I understand embracing your ethnicity and culture. I have a huge Jamaican flag in my office. But if you feel that strongly about the DR than give up your US citizenship. You can't have it both ways. Who is he trying to impress?Besides, if you think about the team that the DR will field for this tourney...they don't need A-Rod.

This just hit the wires....a possibility for us?

Al Leiter's second stint with Florida never came close to matching his fantastic first one.
Now, Leiter won't get the chance to turn around his sinking season with the Marlins.

Leiter was designated for assignment Thursday by Florida, perhaps signaling the end of a 19-year career for the left-hander who helped the Marlins and Toronto Blue Jays win World Series titles.

Leiter agreed to an $8 million, one-year contract with Florida in the offseason, but never regained the form that saw him win 27 games and a World Series ring with the Marlins in 1996 and 1997.

Leiter struggled with his control and was briefly bumped to the bullpen in his second stint with the Marlins, going 3-7 with a 6.64 ERA in 16 starts.

He gave up 88 hits and walked 60 in 80 innings. His last game was a 9-2 loss to the Chicago Cubs on Sunday where he allowed six hits and six runs -- five earned -- in three-plus innings.


I think I'm gonna be sick....might as well get drunk while I'm at it. I'm off to the bar....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home