Saturday, July 09, 2005

Liza Must Die!!!



Enough of Liza's version of "New York, New York" after we win, lose or draw!! Enough!!!

I'm sitting in the rain for three innings with the Yankee vixens in section 12 (away from my boys in section 3, hey they were cuter and my two partners in crime wussed out anyway). We get a hard fought win vs the Tribe and you're expecting to hear 'Ol Blue Eyes to help guide you through the mass of humanity leaving the cathedral. And who comes on? The Crack-Whore!! Needless to say, the Imperial Council was not pleased. Thank god for the Dell DJ, which put a smile on everyone's face as I played the REAL VERSION of New York, New York.

I know Minelli was in the movie. But her version sucks. Sucks!! Someone once told me that you can't compare the two because they have different styles and different octave ranges. Bullshit. One is awesome, one sucks. Plain and simple. And they both came from the jazz/Broadway/standards tradition so you can compare even though one is a baritone and one is an alto.

Play Sinatra when we win. Play Sinatra when we lose. If Liza gets pissed, who cares? Give her some baking soda and tell her it's coke. That'll hold her over for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hear, hear! Five years ago, they started playing Liza after EVERY game. I wrote them many a letter to make it stop and they must've gotten a lot of that response because it went back to Frank. Then it started in with Losing Liza. Then, I bet she got pissed or something and now they have to make it look like she's not a "loser."

So you're totally right when you say Frank should just come back full time, win, lose or draw. Frank's version is classic and subtle, like the Yankees themselves. Liza's? Well, not so much.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

They played Frank yesterday after the loss. And I was cool about that. I wasn't as depressed about the loss and it kept the obnoxious Indian fan I took from gloating too much. I'm doing a blog about that experience, BTW

5:13 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

Jim-161, I've been reading your site for a couple of weeks now...Love it. Thanks for the props. I'm gonna add some more stuff once I get up too speed...

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home