Thursday, October 06, 2005

I Guess I'm It...

Because I've been tagged....I can't sleep, so I guess I'll play along.
10 years ago, October 1995:
I was in second semester of Grad School at NYU. I remember watching game 2 in the student newspaper office. I nearly lost it when Burnitz crushed that homer to win the game. I also remember watching game 5 at work and almost smashing a desk when Griffey crossed the plate to win the game. My lifelong hatred for Grrifey, Jr and the Mariners began that night.


5 years ago, October 2000:
I remember getting hit with a mail carton by Metstradamus for taunting him after the Yankees won Game 4 at work. I don't know why. I've always thought "They're gonna laugh at you! They're all gonna laugh at you!" from the movie Carrie was hilarious. I guess he didn't get the joke. I was living where I live now in Brooklyn.


One Year Ago: October 2004
Experiencing the worst sports month of my life. Watching our nemesis celebrate in our cathedral still sickens me almost as much as looking at this....


I only have this to say...Never again. Never again.

Yesterday: Wednesday & Thursday (since this is technically Friday)
Watched the fat bastard blow a 4-0 lead with the help of Strong Island resident Tony Graffanino (possible Imperial Spy? Perhaps) and then I watched us do the same thing versus Anaheim. A busy day at work. Not overwhelming, but busy. Thursday was a ry busy day capped off with the NYPD/FBI annoucement that terrorists want to blow up the subways. Fun, fun....

Five Songs That I Know The Words to: Wow I know literally thousands but here it goes:
Lift Every Voice and Sing: James Weldon Johnson
Anything Goes: Cole Porter
Lush Life: Billy Strayhorn
One More for My Baby:Johnny Mercer & Harold Arlen
New York, New York: Kander & Ebb
The Weight: The Band

Five Snacks:
Chocolate Shake
Vienna Fingers
Entermann's Chocolate Donuts
Ben & Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk
Jamaican Beef Patty with Cocoa Bread

Five Things I'd do with 100 million dollars
Go back to get my PHD in either International Affairs or American History
Get a big enough place so if my mom or brother wanted to come back to NYC they could.
Send my brother back to school and help him with his business
Set up a trust and rainy day funds just in case.
Get a luxury box at the Stadium. Write it off as a business expense.

Five Places I'd Run Away to...This sounds like some punk ass s##t.
To my mom's place in Charlotte.
To the Stadium (my fortress of solitude)
To Union Square
To Prospect Park
To my room

Five things I would never wear:
Red Sox gear
Cowboys gear
Anything with a Native American emblem
Dook Gear
Florida State Gear


Five Favorite TV Shows
West Wing
Law & Order
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rome
Baseball Tonight


Five greatest joys
Yankee World Series
Winning two state titles in wrestling
Getting my two college degrees
The smiles on loved ones face when you do something nice for them
Giants Super Bowls


Five favorite toys:
My Dell DJ
My DVD Collection
MY CD Collection
That's enough...

Current Reads:
Emperors And Idiots by Mike Vaccaro
Forging Genius:Casey Stengel:Steven Goldman
Little Yellow Dog:Walter Mosley
The Bad Guys Won: Jeff Pearlman
Divided They Fell:The Demise of the Democratic Party (1964-1996): Ronald Radosh
Rise Of The Vulcans:The History of Bush's War Cabinet: James Mann
The Napoleon of New York: Fiorello LaGuardia: H. Paul Jeffers
The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York: Robert A Caro



Five People I am tagging to do this: Every candyass that reads this blog and has one of their own....I dare you....

2 Comments:

Blogger something said...

How come I'm not surprised by your 5 favorite snacks?

5:21 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

What the hell is that supposed to mean, pasta-boy?

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home