Tuesday, August 30, 2005

West Coast Hatred

Have I mentioned how much I hate West Coast games in the last 24 hours?

Chacon gets thrown a beating, giving up 8 runs. But takes one for the team and stays in there for 6 innings. The Yanks lose 8-3. The only bright spot is A-Rod hitting his 40th homer tonight. He's the first right-hander to do that with the Yanks since Joe D. That and the fact that we only use Chacon and Felix Rodriguez in the loss.

On top of that, it looks like Moose is going to miss his next start after all. He has a slight inflammed elbow. Small will make the start Saturday.

A's beat the Angels so we're still in front in the wildcard. But Sweet Lou's crew can't hold onto a 5-0 lead and lose 7-6 to the Sux. We're 2 and a half out now. Schilling was atrocious once again, so at least that's some good news.

Might as well get Moose the rest now. No point in throwing out there if he can't go more than four. Hopefully, it's only one start.

More in the morning. I'm beat.

4 Comments:

Blogger lupe! said...

the only way i'd be able to tolerate late starts would be to quit my job so i could devote my attention to baseball. hm. that actually doen't sound too bad.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

10 more days infidel...10 more days until your reckoning....

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least we'll get to see the games vs the A's this w/end. I have a good feeling about the A's series. I feel a sweep coming on. I'm also getting excited for football season. GO BIG BLUE!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Darth Marc said...

I feel good about the A's series as well.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home